Pacific Resort’s Ika Mata Recipe
Ika Mata is a Polynesian delicacy and is a popular fish dish of most South Pacific Nations in one form or another. It is acknowledged by many local Chefs that this dish is not authentic unless it is made with only the flesh from freshly caught Yellow Fin Tuna.
We are delighted to share a recipe from our kitchens with you.
The freshest ingredients from our island home are prepared using both traditional and western methods in a truly unique way, by marinating fish cubes in fresh lemon juice.
Ingredients - Serve 10,850 grams of Yellow Fin Tuna fillet with skin and bone removed. 185 ml of fresh lemon juice, 80 grams of chopped tomatoes, 70 grams of capsicum, diced and de-seeded, 5 grams of diced spring onion, 5 grams of coriander, 70 grams of diced onion, 120 ml coconut cream, 2 grams of finely chopped red chilli, 6 grams of salt and 7 grams of pepper.
- Cut the Tuna into 1 cm pieces
- Place the Tuna and lemon juice in large ceramic or glass bowl, and toss to combine, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for an hour to marinate tossing occasionally with a wooden spoon
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, onion, coconut cream and chilli to marinated fish, stir gently to combine add in coriander and spring onion
- Taste and season with salt and pepper
- Serve in ½ a coconut shell with fresh slice lemons.
Enjoy this delicacy of the South Pacific with friends and family.